Tuesday, March 17, 2009

I can taste the glitter in my veins

I can taste the glitter in my veins
It eats away at my insides
Like broken stars.
The sparkle to my heart
Wraps it's hand around it. Tight
Reminds it to beat
Beat through the night.

I can feel the strap around my arm
The crease
It forgets to bleed
These days.
My insides, are falling away
My bloodstream calls for its
Peace.
Its disease.

The needle.
It sits. A tablespoon of blood
Cradling it's bevel
It calls for me
It ripped the sparkle from my eyes
It's every
Fibre of my life

It hurts to lacerate my arm
With that
...that god forsaken sharp
When it slashes, I shake
I can feel my veins.
My arteries. They break.

The bandaid only covers
The tiny hole. I am broken.
I am the ones who bleed.
I can't escape.
It's the only life in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment