Sunday, April 26, 2009

Peace

Once I crawled up a tree
There was a spider in my hair
He wouldn't let go of me
He tried to suck the blood
Off the crease of my arm
...I knew he'd die.
He'd die.

Once I hid under the floor boards
I tried to escape my tears
But I found more needles.
More teaspoons of blood.
More reminders of my only love.
I ran. I hit my head on the floor.
It turned black.
Black.

Once I ran up a hill
I tried to make my own silence
But my heart beat a tattoo in my chest
And I couldn't run without tripping
I couldn't stand without slipping
I pushed the lever into my arm
I pushed the sunlight into my veins

Once it was night time
I sat in bliss all day
The stars fell into the ground
I tried to pick them up
They burnt me.
It soothed my aching bloodstream
I could hear it scream
Give me what I need.

Once I tied a rope around my neck
I only had one more needle worth
The slipknot massaged my bleak insides
Bleak.
I jumped.
Now I feel.
Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment