Thursday, June 28, 2012


i havent unplugged the bath
and let the water dry up
through the drain
'cause you sat in
that water for hours
when it was cold one day
and now the water is like winter
kind of like how
it feels
without you.

i swear when i turn over on
the pillow when the sun sometimes shines
i can smell your sweet scent
and your fingertips running up my spine
we drew tattoos with our hands
across every contour
i know it's only a hallucination
...and i sink into my mind
Just so I can feel those imprints
one last time

i remember how you would save
the last drop of your tea
because you knew how much that
last bit of sugar would
taste so sweet to me
and you'd leave me a rolled up
cigarette
even if it was your last
those nights we stayed awake
making our own light in the dark
Reading Plath
and Bukowski, exchanging dreams and all those
hidden secrets buried of me

our song was just the sound of
nothingness...and a whisper you repeat
every morning to me 'this is
how it's all supposed to be..'
this is how that constantly searching soul
finally feels complete

it was all luminescent, so disreal
seasons passed by unknowingly
but the flowers you would bring me
reminding that it was spring
and your shoulder blades began sticking out
as if they would grow into wings
...and it seems in summer time
they finally
did

Where the hell have you been?
My bones and my thoughts have become
miserably displaced
I'm lost without you
Frayed fabric; my light has all but
vanished
but I reflect in you
Because you are the stars in me
and a love like you
who burned always so bright
could light up the
whole night
sky.












No comments:

Post a Comment